Saturday 23 September 2017

How to: Packing Lightly for a 4 day Trip - Makeup

Hola amigos! I am writing this on the plane to Madrid but I will most probably post this when I am back in Malta. I am so excited for this trip. I’ve been needing a short break and this trip finally arrived! I’m trying to vlog the whole thing – so stay tuned for that!! I am actually going to see a Maluma concert tomorrow – for those of you who don’t know who he is, he is a Colombian singer who sang with Shakira, Ricky Martin and Marc Anthony amongst others. Make sure you are following me on my Instagram @deborahsaliba97 to see what I will be up to and also check out the Facebook and Instagram photos I will be posting!

Enough chit chat about what I am doing during this trip – the real reason I wanted to do this blogpost is because I know the struggle of makeup lovers when it comes to packing just the right amount of makeup for a trip. I tried to keep the amount of makeup I took with me to a minimum; now for some people (like my friend Charmaine pointed out) I still carried TOO MUCH makeup with me. But for those of you who are like me and can’t pick which mascara they are going to take with them or which lipstick shade you’re going to pick – I got you! Let's get started!


Primer – In my opinion, you shouldn’t carry any primers with you. If you only have a hand luggage (just like I did) and don’t have a lot of space for liquids (remember all liquids must be less than 100ml and you have to take out the liquids when going through security) I eliminated this product because I can do without it and anyways I still can remove my makeup and reapply it when I get back to the hotel.

Foundation – I got with me the Deborah Milano Dress Me Perfect Foundation. You only need one foundation that has full coverage, does not cake and easy to blend.

Concealer – My holy grail concealer, the Maybelline Anti-Age Concealer.

Powder – I got with me my Elf Pressed Powder; if you have a pressed powder that is soon going to finish you can simply take that with you and then throw it away so that you’ll have space for new makeup coming back to Malta!


Blush – I am a bit picky when it comes to choosing the right shade of blush so I thought I would simply take a palette with me that does not take a lot of space but has a number of options – I picked my Morphe Blush Palette 9B.

Lip Balm – Always handy to have a lip balm with you even for during your flight because my lips tend to get dry; Maybelline Baby Lips in Dr.Rescue. 



Eyeshadow – I always (try to) pick one eyeshadow palette to take with me, one that has various shades that can create various looks. This time I chose to bring with me the Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette for the simple reason that it has light shades as well as dark shades that are a range of light-pink, rose-gold and deep purple.



Mascara – I picked my favourite 2 mascaras at the moment and simply got these with me; 3ina The Definition Mascara and the L’Oreal Volume Millions Extra-Black Mascara.

Liquid Eyeliner – my new favourite, the L’Oreral Superstar Liquid Eyeliner.

Eyebrows – the usual Essence Quattro Eyeshadow in no.5 to die for

Contour and Highlight – the NYX Highlight & Contour Pro Palettegot all the shades you need in one set!



Lipsticks – this is quite a long list haha! But I tried picking a couple that go with everything like nudes and pinks as well as bright or ‘out-there’ lipsticks such a deep brown or a deep purple. I got the following: Sleek Matte Me Liquid Lipstick in Bittersweet, ColourPop Ultra Matte Lip in Chi, Mamacita, Clueless, Zipper and Embellish.






That’s it for the makeup products I got with me on this trip! If you’d like me to do a similar blogposts with the makeup brushes that I take with me, let me know in the comments section down below!

Sending hugs and kisses all the way to Malta!

Love,
Deborah X

Products Mentioned:

Foundation - Deborah Milano Dress Me Perfect Foundation - Remedies Pharmacies 
Concealer - Maybelline Eraser Eye Concealer 
Powder - no longer available on their website
Blush - Morphe 9B Blush Palette
Lip Balm - Maybelline Dr.Rescue
Eyeshadow - Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette
Mascara - 3ina The Definition Mascara & L’Oreal Volume Millions Extra-Black Mascara
Eyeliner - L’Oreral Superstar Liquid Eyeliner
Eyebrows - Essence Quattro Eyeshadow no.5 'to die for' - Essence Cosmetics Malta
Contour & Highlight - NYX Highlight & Contour Pro Palette - Roseberry or NYX Cosmetics Malta
Lipsticks - Sleek Matte Me Liquid Lipstick in Bittersweet - Melita Health & Beauty, ColourPop Ultra Matte Lip in Chi, Mamacita, Clueless, Zipper and Embellish.


                                                                 

2 comments :

  1. I need you to come and pack my makeup for me for Milan because I took 3 makeup cases to Italy haha! Welcome back dear <3 XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried my best to not take too much makeup with me this time haha! Thank you bella XXX

      Delete