Wednesday 26 October 2016

Travel Series #2-Switzerland-Part 1

Hi everyone! Hope you're doing great ๐Ÿ˜† I'm super tired and I can't wait for the weekend but come on, we can do this just 2 more days!! Now that the first travel series is over, today we will begin the 2nd series. These coming weeks we will be exploring a tiny inch of a beautiful country - Switzerland ❤

I've been wanting to visit my cousin (who lives in Switzerland) on my own for quite some time but I was always afraid to take the step. Finally, last March I managed to tick this off my bucket list. She took me to some very beautiful places which I am going to talk more about in the coming weeks. Let's get started!

In today's post I'm going to talk to you about beautiful and spectacular Montreux. It is located on Lake Geneva at the foot of the Alps.





The main square of the town, Place du Marchรฉ, features a statue of Freddie Mercury facing Lake Geneva. It stands almost 10 feet (3 metres) high overlooking Lake Geneva and was unveiled on 25 November 1996 by Mercury's father. Beginning in 2003 fans from around the world have gathered in Switzerland annually to pay tribute to the singer as part of the "Freddie Mercury Montreux Memorial Day" on the first weekend of September.


The views you're about to see are simply spectacular. I still get shivers every time I see these views. This place is perfect for strolls and for just taking time on your own to take in all this natural beauty. Right across the lake you can see the Alps. I don't know if it's just me but due to the fact that we don't have any of this in Malta, I feel like a kid in a candy store when I see mountains and lakes. Let's look at some photos I took to get a better look of what you could see if you managed to go to Montreux - I'd like to apologize in advance for the photos where I am in the way, I'm a poser I know ๐Ÿ™ˆ





After these breath-taking views my cousin decided to take me on top of the Alps. And believe me it was the best decision ever! We took a specific train that only goes to the top of the mountain which takes approximately an hour. We bought the tickets from Montreux. The views that we got to see whilst we were going up the mountains were exceptional! Apart from the fact that we were NOT wearing appropriately as it was a spontaneous decision - so just ignore the fact that I was wearing ripped jeans, no gloves and a pair of booties that have heels- it was amazing. Yes, we froze our butts off but it was one of the best views I ever saw and I honestly had to take a couple of minutes to take it all in.

Also, there was a small cafeteria (yes, literally on top of the Alps haha) which sold amazing hot chocolate and it was what we needed after that freezing weather. I know today's post contains a lot of photos but I feel like these photos speak for themselves. You'll get to see how happy I was to get on that mountain!






Yep, that's me trying to take a photo in the middle of the snow!


And this brings us to the end of the 1st part of this series! I hope you enjoyed it and we'll see you next Friday!

Don't forget to find us on social media for little sneak peeks of blogs before they are public, preparations, planning and more of Distorted Priorities!

'Like' us on Facebook: Distorted Priorities
Send us an email - we'd love to hear from you (could be from response to blog suggestions): distortedpriorities@gmail.com
Follow us on Twitter for regular updates: @distortedblogs
Follow us on our official Instagram and our personal ones too:
Official Instagram: distortedpriorities
Deborah's Instagram: deborahsaliba97
Yanica's Instagram: yanica97

Take care,
DP XXX




No comments :

Post a Comment