Sunday 28 May 2017

Malta Fashion Week #Day5 Overview - Suzana Peric, Nathan Micallef and Ritienne Zammit

Hey guys, sorry this post is up a bit late but I finally had time to upload this! This post is all about last Friday's shows of the Malta Fashion Week. If you'd like to read all about my outfit for the night you can read about it here.

The first fashion show of the night was that by Suzana Peric and her collection Dancing in the Clouds. She was born in Sarajevo (Bosinia and Herzegovina). She later moved to Germany where she enrolled one of the most distinguished fashion schools – Academy for Fashion and Design – in Dusseldorf. Whilst seeing her newest collection I immediately noticed how sheer and simple the pieces are yet some of them really stood out! Many of the pieces were simply one colour. It started off with a couple of white pieces, which made me feel like I really am in the clouds! Most of the models had sleek pulled back hair whilst the makeup was quite minimal using only light tones as shadow. Photography is by Neil Psaila.







Moving on to the only presentation of the night, we saw the newest collection of Nathan Micallef. He is a Maltese studying in London. I must admit his collection was different than anything I have ever seen. His collection called Really Not Real focused mainly on monochrome pieces which all had Nathan's brand name. What I loved about this presentation was that the models were very close to the audience, therefore creating more of a personal contact with those who were watching. Hair was tied back in a half-up half-down style for the most part and the makeup was quite fantasy like (which I LOVED)! Photography is by TRESemme Malta.





Finally, the last fashion show for the night (and also for this year's Fashion Week) was that by Ritienne Zammit. I must admit I was curious to see how she was going to incorporate the theme and name of this collection, that is, I love Valletta with several clothing pieces. However, she blew me away with her skills, ideas and creativity. Her pieces were simply stunning! I loved everything about the models - from the short black hair, space buns and headpieces to the amazing bold makeup looks! Photography is by Go Raw Photography.







And that's a wrap with the 2017 Malta Fashion Week - it was such a lovely time and I'm super excited for next year!

Take care guys!

Deborah X

No comments :

Post a Comment