Monday 10 October 2016

Guide to Fall: Fall Essentials

What's up beautiful people? I hope that everyone is energized to start a new and fresh week (I'm feeling motivated right now, can you feel that vibe haha?) Now that Fall is with us (forget the fact that in Malta people are still sweating in October because of this heat) I thought it would be the perfect idea to come up for Fall Essentials for when it does get colder (hopefully) and for those who live in colder countries and this season have already kicked in I'm going to make sure that you've got it all figured out from candles to scents, fashion, nails, makeup and everything that comes with this beautiful season 🎃🍁 Without further ado, let's get into tonight's post! Enjoy 😘

Makeup

This season is all about browns, purples and everything dark! Don't worry if you don't like dark colours on your lips you can still change your makeup to being fall-appropriate with other things such as your eyeshadow.

1. Eyes

The first thing I am going to talk about is something I am actually going to buy right after I finish writing this blog post (so expect a makeup look using this palette in the coming weeks) - and that is this beautiful eye-shadow palette.
Morphe 350 Palette

This is the Morphe 350 Palette. I've been wanting this palette for quite a while now. The shades are so stunning and you can create any kind of look you want. You've got light colours that you can use as base or to highlight the brown bone, light and dark browns to create that perfect subtle smokey eye and my personal favourites the red-oranges which are the perfect addition to this palette.

2. Lips

My favourite lip colours for the fall season are deep burgundy or browns. And this is the perfect mix between them.
LAX by ColourPop
This right here is another beautiful shade by ColouPop in LAX. It's matte and it's beautiful!

Nails

3. My favourite colour for the fall time is definitely a dark maroon colour. I picked this Essence nail polish in the shade True Love. For those of you who do not like wearing dark shades on their nails a nude is the go-to. I picked this one by Butter London in the shade Tea with the Queen.
True Love by Essence


Tea with the Queen by Butter London

Clothing

4. I've compiled some of the essentials with the help of some statement pieces I found on Pinterest.
Fall Statement Pieces

Fall Statement Pieces
 I'll list them down for you:
- Plaid Scarf
- Green Army Jacket (preferably suitable for the rain)
- Little Black Dress
- Ankle Length Jeans
- Riding Boots
- Plaid shirt
- Vest
- Sweater
- Comfy socks
- Statement Necklace
- Beanie
- Jean shirt

Candles

5. So I've recently become slightly obsessed with candles. I don't know why but I feel they create such a comfy and relaxed atmosphere - and I love it. I've picked some of my favourite scents for this season from Yankee Candles.
- Caramel Apple
Caramel Apple
Okay, so I'm really bad at describing scents - but I'm going to try! For this one imagine you've got a nice warm apple pie during the colder days with a nice hot cup of tea or coffee...and add some caramel scent on top of all that? I told you I'm bad at this! But I promise you it will make you all warm and fuzzy inside ❤
Cozy By The Fire
So for this one imagine you're smelling the wood crackling and burning when you light up a fire-place. Makes you want to grab a blanket and a movie and soak in all that autumn-winterish feels.

Spiced Pumpkin
Spiced Pumpkin
Autumn is all about pumpkins and and anything orange/red so this is a valid reason why we should all own another candle..right?

That's it for today's blog! I hope you enjoyed it 😆 Let me know what YOUR fall essentials are in the comments below.

Don't forget to find us on social media for little sneak peeks of blogs before they are public, preparations, planning and more of Distorted Priorities!

'Like' us on Facebook: Distorted Priorities
Send us an email - we'd love to hear from you (could be from response to blog suggestions): distortedpriorities@gmail.com
Follow us on Twitter for regular updates: @distortedblogs
Follow us on our official Instagram and our personal ones too:
Official Instagram: distortedpriorities
Deborah's Instagram: deborahsaliba97
Yanica's Instagram: yanica97

We'll see you next Wednesday for another Travel Blog! Take care 💗
DP XXX

Links:
Morphe 350 Palette
LAX by ColouPop
Essence True Love
Butter London Tea with the Queen
Caramel Apple Yankee Candle
Cozy by the Fire Yankee Candle
Spiced Pumpkin Yankee Candle

No comments :

Post a Comment