Thursday 29 June 2017

Makeup Hits & Misses

Hi loves! I'm back with another blogpost 😄 Today's post is a collaboration with the lovely Alexandra from Lola.Lolita archives x. She will be sharing with you her 5 Summer Essentials (I will leave a couple of photos as a sneak peek!) so I suggest you go check out her post as soon as you're done from this one! You can keep up with her latest blogpost by joining the Facebook Group that she created, following her on Instagram or by pressing 'like' on her Facebook Page.




For my part of the collab I will be sharing with you 3 Makeup Misses and 3 Makeup Hits! I've seen this all over Youtube and I decided to give it a try. Basically, in this post I will be sharing you 3 products that I didn't have any expectations about them but I ended up loving so much as well as 3 products that I would personally not buy again. Just a small disclaimer: this is all my opinion and my personal liking so there isn't right or wrong in this! Without further ado, let's get into today's post 😁


I'm first starting by sharing with you the products I would not purchase again. The first is the Maybelline Instant Fatigue Blur. This product is suppose to make your skin look refreshed and revitalized and reduce the effect of tiredness. I tried a couple of times to try and see what this product is suppose to do but I never had any positive result out of it. To be honest I do not see anything different on my skin after I apply it and I honestly do not get the point of this product!


The second miss is the L.A. Girl Pro Conceal. A lot of youtubers use this product and use the colour correcting ones and although I do admit that it does conceal and that the fact that it was a shade a bit darker than what I normally use (which was totally my fault), I really did not like the tip of it. I don't know I guess I don't like concealers in this form so I would not re-purchase this!


The last miss is the Milani Lash Trifecta Mascara. It is supposed to lengthen, curl and separate your lashes. This mascara does lengthen and somewhat curls your lashes but I feel that it does not coat your lashes with the product as much as I would have want it and for the price that I had bought it I would prefer spending less and buying a Maybelline or Rimmel Mascara which is much better than this.


Onto the Hits! The first product is the Artdeco Most Wanted Smokey Eye Palette. From the packaging which I must admit it's quite poor I didn't have any high expectations of the palette. However, when I started using it I was actually surprised by the shades. Although not all of the shades are super pigmented there are 4 shades which I constantly use all the time which are super pigmented and I especially love the purple-toned ones. This palette is PERFECT for a smokey eye 💗




Another product that I was surprised with is the Wet n Wild Coverall Liquid Foundation. I had purchased this while I was in Switzerland and compared to all the over-priced makeup products that I saw this was SUPER inexpensive costing around €8. You can get this from Amazon so I will leave a link at the end of the post. This foundation although it looks like it will feel heavy on your face as it has quite a thick consistency, it feels super light and it blends perfectly. Plus it gives you great coverage so I highly recommend this!


The last beauty product that I believe is a hit in my opinion is the Essence Stay All Day 16hr Long Lasting Makeup. Just like its long name, this product helps with keeping your makeup where it should be for as long as 16hrs (lame joke I know haha!). I couldn't find the link to it online and I'm not sure whether it is still being sold as I purchased this quite a while ago but I love applying it on the areas where my foundation or concealer has the tendency to cake and it actually helps so much! Such an amazing product for such an affordable price!


So those are my Hits and Misses! I hope you enjoyed this post and don't forget to check Alexandra's post!

Take care and have a good week!

Love,
Deborah X

Links:
Artdeco Most Wanted Smokey Eyeshadow Palette
Wet n Wild Coverall Liquid Foundation

No comments :

Post a Comment