Tuesday 2 October 2018

Tips for #BacktoSchool 2018

Hi everyone! Hope you're all doing okay. Another summer has come and gone and another scholastic year has begun too. Firstly, I'd like to wish everyone a big GOODLUCK for their upcoming scholastic year.

With the beginning of another term at university I usually feel motivated because I would be starting a new chapter & I would be a step closer towards achieving my goals. I was talking with a colleague of mine who is also a student and I was wondering on what I should write next on the blog. She gave me the idea of writing about tips on how to stay organized and motivated during this coming year. I decided to compile some tips that I thought would be useful to anyone who wants to ace this year! Truthfully, I haven't mastered ANY of these but I just feel that when I look for things I can do to stay on track, it actually motivates me to do them..does it make sense to you? Maybe!

Without further ado, let's get into these - let me know if you like these kind of posts and feel free to leave a comment below with any of your tips. Thank you Laura for your suggestion!

1. Wake up earlier


Waking up early is one thing, but waking up a couple of minutes before your alarm actually has a lot of benefits. When giving your body enough time to wake up, have a coffee, prepare yourself for school/university will help you with staying motivated. Imagine waking up 10 minutes before leaving the house or leaving at least 45 minutes before leaving the house, leaving enough time to have breakfast, do your hair, put on a nice outfit and just look presentable in general! I don't know about you but when I know I don't have to rush to get things done in the morning helps me 'believe' that I'm slacking from being on time on the first week of school!

2. Have a KILLER playlist 


Spend a couple of minutes choosing carefully a number of songs you would want to listen to in the morning - I would go for upbeat and fun songs. If you listen to these in the morning, take my word for it - you'll enter your classes like you OWN the place haha! Music in the morning will set the mood for you and you'll feel you can do anything! And let's face it - we all need that extra boost in the morning!

3. Plan your day


Even if you're not a planner type of person I feel that when you plan your week and seeing how everything will fit in your schedule helps you stay more organized. You'll start the week knowing what needs to get done every day.

4. Create a to-do list


If you have a lot of tasks that you need to complete, list them down on a piece of paper and plan them accordingly. It's proven that by ticking or marking the things that you get done will help you stay more motivated because knowing that you're getting things done and crossing them over from your list will get you hyped up to complete the next task!



5. Set aside ME time


We all need our 'me time' to unwind and relax. Find what relaxes you or what you enjoy doing whether it's taking a dance class, going to the gym, taking a nap or having a bath. Switch off your phone and just unwind for a bit - this will help especially when you have a thousand and one things to do and you're feeling stressed or overwhelmed.

6. Gratitude List & Using a Journal


Find time in your week to journal your day. Even if you don't like writing or you're not good at it, just find some time to jot everything down - what you loved about your day, what made you angry, what can be improved or any other thoughts that you might have on your mind. By creating a gratitude list, you'll feel better on days when you just don't know where to begin from. It will help with getting everything out of your brain and trust me - you'll feel SO much better!



That is all for today's post. I hope that these six tips will help you in some way or another to stay motivated and organized throughout this year.

As you answered in the polls on both Facebook and Instagram, you will be getting two posts EACH week! I will try my best to bring you great content each and every time but bear with me until I get used to the routine-thing again! I was thinking of posting a beauty/fashion post and a lifestyle/travel post every week - let me know what you think of that or if you have any other suggestions!

Wishing you all a great week ahead!


Love,
Deborah X



No comments :

Post a Comment