Saturday 1 December 2018

How to Style: Leather Skirt

Hi everyone! Today's post is all about leather skirts. During blogmas I decided to start this 'series' so to say where I will be picking one item of clothing that can be worn in different ways and sharing with you three options on how you can style it. For the first post of this series I decided to go for leather skirts. I know that they're not everyone's cup of tea but if you find the right fit for your body as well as the right style, I can promise you you'll look amazing in it! 

Option 1 - Comfy Knit



To be honest with you, I had never wore this outfit - up until the day of the shoot. I always thought that leather skirts have to be worn more or less in a formal way with some heels and a pretty top. However, when I tried this combo I ended up loving it! 

For this outfit I paired a simple white sweater with the leather skirt. Go for something basic and not to fussy if you're uncertain about this option, that's why I went with plain white. For shoes I wore my Converse to keep the outfit casual. If it's a cold day or you just want to add a pop of colour to the outfit, you can do what I did - throw on a chunky scarf to tie the whole outfit together.




Option 2 - Back to Basics



For this second outfit I wore one of my favourite pieces, that is the plain white t-shirt which I got for summer. Plainly, I had never found a combination which I REALLY loved which included this t-shirt. I was trying on different pieces when I was planning this photoshoot and I really liked how this t-shirt gave this outfit a whole new look.

As I mentioned, I wore this basic white t-shirt which I tied in a knot just to give it more of an edge and I slightly rolled up the sleeves. I wore my go-to ankle boots and then I threw on this black, white and grey cardigan that you've seen before. I absolutely loved how this whole outfit ended up looking!



Option 3 - Elegantly Chic



In the last option of this How to Style series, I decided to go for a more classy look. I wore this outfit to one of my friend's birthday and I absolutely fell in love with it. I have an ongoing craze at the moment with knee high boots - I just feel they elevate any outfit a thousand times!

It's very simple - I paired my leather skirt with a plain black lace top which I tucked inside the skirt. I then wore my knee high boots and added my fuchsia handbag to add a pop of colour to the outfit. Finally, I wore my choker which I haven't worn in a while!



I actually compiled a short video over on my Instagram with these three different options of how to style leather skirts. Make sure to check it out and while you're there tap that Follow button!

I hope you liked this first blogpost in this How to Style series and I promise you there a whole lot of these coming your way very soon! Just stay tuned!

Love,
Deborah X

Photography: MCMifsud Photography

No comments :

Post a Comment