Friday 14 December 2018

How to Style: Boring Clothes

Hi everyone! I'm so sorry for the lack of blogposts but I was SO busy. I'm still uploading all of the blogmas posts so don't worry about that! If you have been following blogmas, you know that I started this 'series' which I called How to Style. Up until now I did two posts where I styled a leather skirt in the first one and a black dress in the second one which you can check out here and here. Today I am doing another blogpost of this sort with a slight twist. Normally, I circle my outfits around one piece of clothing. This time, I'm going to share with you a few tips on how you can use your boring clothes to create a whole new look. Shall we dive in?


Okay so for this blue sweater, I usually wear it with a pair of jeans and I don't usually tuck it in. The sweater is slightly baggy and I would normally go for a comfy look with the jeans and probably a pair of sneakers. This time, I wanted to wear this outfit for say a lunch date or a dinner date - is it only me that during the festive season I feel like I want to dress up outfits just to look more put together?! And that's what I did in this one.


I wore my black button up-skirt which I usually wear in summer. Since this type of skirt is on the shorter side for the winter time, I wore a see-through black tights just to keep myself warm. I tucked in the sweater and in this way I feel like I have dressed up this outfit a lot more because in this way I can wear heels with this outfit. If you're feeling really cold, you can always throw on a leather jacket or a denim jacket! 


For shoes, I wore my new black ankle booties and I also wore my black backpack because I was going for some Christmas shopping afterwards and in this way it's perfect to store your belongings PLUS it still looks cute even if you end up going to say lunch!



Therefore, my tips on styling your usual boring clothes are: switch up the combination of clothes you pair together, wear accessories such as a bag and if you normally dress up the main clothing piece try dressing it down this time (or vice versa)!

That's it from my end - I hope you liked this post and I'll talk to you real soon!

Love,
Deborah X

Photography: MCMifsud Photography

Previous Post: November Favourites 


1 comment :

  1. I am looking for and I love to post a comment that "The content of your post is awesome" Great work! babies wholesale

    ReplyDelete