Tuesday 18 December 2018

Office Wear: Outfit & Makeup

Hey! Today's blogpost is one I haven't done on the blog. Basically, today I am going to share with you a really basic office look together with a simple makeup look which is a bit more than just four products, for the simple reasonn that it is probable that we want to look more put together in the office.


For the outfit I went for the basic pieces because you cannot really go wrong with these. I chose a midi skirt - make sure you wear a skirt that is long enough for the office. You can choose obviously different colours such as navy blue or grey but I opted for the basic black.



For shirt I wore a white long sleeve shirt which I tucked in the skirt. You can again, opt for different colours that are 'office appropriate' such as navy blue, black, grey, baby pink or green. For shoes I went for my basic black court heels. I feel that this type of shoes is a statement piece when it comes to office wear. If you prefer wearing flats, obviously do so! You can switch this up by wearing a ballerina shoes or a pair of wedges if you prefer those type of shoes.


Moving on to makeup, I tried going for something simple and easy yet something that ties the outfit together and makes you look put together.

Starting off with foundation I used the LÓreal Infallible 24 hour Foundation. I apply these with my brush rather than with a beauty blender. Haven't used that thing in a while haha! I then move on to concealer using the Maybelline Instant Eye Eraser Concealer to cover up any dark spots and blemishes - especially if I would probably wake up late on a work day! To finish off the base of this look, I use the Artdeco Powder Foundation.


Now this is something that I wouldn't wear for university or school because I feel that it is too much but for work I think it is appropriate - keeping in mind that less is more! I will be lightly contouring my face to give my face a more structured look. For this, I am using the Catrice Matte Bronzer Powder. I have started using this product more generously on my forehead just to try and make it look smaller!  For blush I use the Milani Baked Blush in 03 Berry Amore. 


I do like to apply a bit of liquid eyeliner to the outer part of my eyelid (not across the whole lid). I finish off the look with a generous amount of mascara and some nude lipstick. I believe that the best lipstick you can wear to the office is a nude, peachy or light pink shade. I would stay away from matte shades. Although there are people that wear them without a problem, I just feel that the regular lipsticks work better for the office.


That's it for today's post!

Love,
Deborah X


Photography: MCMifsud Photography

No comments :

Post a Comment