Friday 4 November 2016

October Favourites

Helloooo Beautiful people of the world ❤

October is officially over! WHAAAT!? Nope I am not okay with this, time is flying away so fast..just 2 months left until we start a new year! However, the end of a month brings us to another favourites post - so that's a plus!

I have all sorts of favourites for this month, so let's jump into our first category :

Makeup: 

The first item on this list has to be the Sleek Cream Contour Pallette. As you may know from this post I bought it this month and I have used it every time I did my makeup. It gives off the most subtle contour and its texture makes my face so soft (don't ask me how because I really cannot fathom this!) , I just loooove it! Will absolutely recommend this to anyone especially if its your first time dabbling with contouring like me as its really easy to blend and its hard to get it wrong with this pallette.


I cannot not mention this next item as I have been using it non-stop both because its the only highlighters I have and also because it's shadows are to die for! This is none other that the Carli Bybel 10 Colour Eyeshadow and 4 Colour Highlighter Pallette. In terms of eyesahdows it ticked all the boxes with me. It contains purple and brown matte tones and then to top it all off it has the perfect shimmer colours such as gold and rose gold. Moreover, it has 4 highlighters to suit all skin colours and these could also be used as eyeshadow - obviously! You can find a more detailed review of this pallette here.


One other eyeshadow that I've been using continously this past month is the ColourPop Shock Shadow in shade Bandit. It is the PERFECT red-brown shade for this time of year and also super pigmented.




Lip wise I have been loving dark brown shades and alternating between ColourPop Matte Liquid Lipstick in shade Rooch and BHCosmetics Liquid Lipstick in shade Lust.


Another item which I have been loving this month and which will probably be a staple product in my makeup collection as it changed my eyeshadow game is this Tapered Blending Brush. It is the perfect brush to apply shadow into the crease as you apply it and blend it out all at once creating a flawless crease. This literally changed my eyeshadow game as I used to spend long minutes trying to get my crease on point and this just does the job in a couple of seconds. Mine is from the set of BHCosmetics 15pc Rose Gold Brush Set, however I believe that any good brush of this kind will do the job.


Books: 

This month I've jumped onto The Hunger Games hype - early right? I know I'm sooo late to get into this hype but I've never liked the idea of The Hunger Games as I just thought of them as a bunch of people fighting off each other in an arena. I reculantly started reading them after I saw both my mother and my brother getting lost reading them and hearing them rave about them. Once I started the first book I was hooked and now I just loove them. And please for the sake of it just don't compare them to Harry Potter - yes both are 'fantasy' books but there is a whole ocean seperating them so please just stop comparing them.



Music: 

This is probably gonna be the longest list ever, I apologise I was stuck in traffic multiple times this past month so I've been having performance sessions with quite a load of songs 🙈.

  1. Sia - The Greatest
  2. Bruno Mars - 24K Magic
  3. The Chainsmokers - Closer
  4. Ariana Grande - Side to Side ft. Nicki Minaj
  5. Andy Grammer - Fresh Eyes
  6. Hailee Steinfield , Grey - Starving ft. Zedd
  7. Alessia Cara - Scars to your Beautiful
  8. James Arthur - Say you won't let go
  9. Niall Horan -This Town
  10. Major Lazer - Cold Water ft.Justin Bieber & MO
  11. Anne-Marie - Alarm
  12. Zara Larsson - Ain't My Fault
  13. Twenty One Pilots - Heathens
  14. Calum Scott - Dancing On My Own
If I had to pick my ultimate favourites they would have to be Sia - The Greatest and Calum Scott - Dancing On My Own. I've practically hit the repeat button on these two songs too many times! I practically listen to music all day long this is why I have so many favourites - headphones in, world out ❤


YouTubers : 

This month I've obsessed over the SacconeJolys - if you haven't heard about them they are a family of 4 and expecting another baby ❤.Their kids are adoraaable and I love just tuning in before I sleep to watch their daily vlog. I have been following them for quite a while now and all I can say is that they helped me when I was going through difficult times - just watching their videos somehow makes me happier. If you are going through something and need something to give you that shed of happiness head over to their channel - this is their pregnancy reveal vlog!




A new YouTuber I've started following is KathleenLights. She is a makeup goddess and just has a very lovable character. If you are interested in makeup in general go check her out - this is one of her makeup looks.



I've also been loving watching dancing videos - might just say obsessed over some as well. Along the way of jumping from one video to the other I stumbled upon two amazing human beings. Kyle Hanagami is currently working with JLO and creates the MOST amazing choreographs ever ! Just take a look at these and you'll know what I mean : Cold Water - Major Lazor Choreography and The Greatest - Sia Choreography. I watched these two videos more than I can admit.


Then through Kyle I got to know about Jade Chynoweth and she is an absolute bomb. She kills every choreography and has emotion oozing out of her while she performs. Take a look at these and get ready to be her fan : Beyonce - Sweet Dreams ,  Never Be LIke You (Jade starts at 2:03) and Live Performance of Weight in Gold



This ends my favourites for this month! I hope that you enjoyed reading this post as much as I did writing it 😄 I wish you all a great weekend ❤.

Lots of love, 
DP XXX 


Don't forget to find us on social media for little sneak peeks of blogs before they are public, preparations, planning and more of Distorted Priorities!

'Like' us on Facebook: Distorted Priorities
Send us an email - we'd love to hear from you (could be from response to blog suggestions): distortedpriorities@gmail.com
Follow us on Twitter for regular updates: @distortedblogs
Follow us on our official Instagram and our personal ones too:
Official Instagram: distortedpriorities
Deborah's Instagram: deborahsaliba97
Yanica's Instagram: yanica97

No comments :

Post a Comment