Wednesday 8 November 2017

Colour Series - Cherry Cola ft. Stellar Cosmetics

Hi everyone! How is your week going? Mine is super busy as per usual! Today I will be starting a new 'series' on the blog and this will be the COLOUR SERIES. Basically, I got the idea from one of my favourite youtubers Carli Bybel where she chooses a shade of colour or a theme and centers the makeup look around it.

For today I decided to put one of my makeup purchases to good use - and that is by creating a makeup look for you. I'm no makeup artist but I just love experimenting with new products. A couple of weeks ago I bought a pressed glitter from the new Maltese company Stellar Cosmetics. I chose the shade Cherry Cola which is a red shade. I have no idea why I picked this but I just thought I can create something different with it plus it's perfect for the upcoming season (Yes, I'm already thinking about Christmas!). 

Stellar Cosmetics is a Maltese company which has been open for a couple of months now. Their products are vegan and cruelty free - since they're a Maltese company I thought it would be a great idea to support local products. I purchased the pressed glitter with my own money however, the Stellar Cosmetics team were kind enough to send me a discount code that you can use if you decide you want to make a purchase. When you make an order, which can be done either by sending a DM on Instagram or a PM on Facebook, use the code DEB5 and you'll get 5% discount off your total price. Pretty cool right? They have a wide range of pressed and loose glitter as well as highlighters and eyeshadows plus you can also create your own palette! They have recently launched their new website so you can make your order directly from here.

Enough chit chat, let's go straight to the makeup look! I will only be focusing on the eyeshadow bit this time round.


Since this pressed glitter is quite intense I decided to do something subtle so that it is more wearable. I first started off this look by applying a base colour either white or beige. I then started working on my crease and I used the ColourPop Super Shock Shadows using Seeker and Paradox.


What I did was very simple - go back and forth with the two shades in the crease until you get the desired intensity. I first started with Paradox and then moved onto Seeker.


The trick for using pressed glitter is applying glitter glue on the areas you want to apply glitter. It might seem obvious...but it wasn't obvious for me haha! I used the Make-Up Studio one and I found it extremely good. 




What I did for this look is first I applied some glitter glue on the outer half of my eyelid as though I'm applying regular liquid eyeliner. Using a flat brush I dipped my brush in the glitter and applied it to the glue. Try and be as careful and as neat as possible because it can get a bit messy and you cannot really blend your work. But overall, I loved how the look turned out - it's really different than the usual makeup looks and I think it's that pop of colour that this makeup look needed.

To finish off the look I used the Golden Rose Cosmetics Matte Lipstick in the shade 14.


I hope you liked this makeup look! Let me know what you think in the comments down below 😄 Make sure you use the discount code DEB5 when purchasing any of the Stellar Cosmetics products. I suggest you give them a try and support local talent, plus they're SUPER affordable. For instance this shade only costs 2.99 euro!!

Make sure you follow Stellar Cosmetics on Instagram as well as on Facebook so that you are updated with the latest and newest shades and products!

I'll see you all very soon 😉

Love,
Deborah X

Photography: MCMifsud Photography

No comments :

Post a Comment