Monday 16 April 2018

#BossLady

Hi loves! I'm back with another outfit post. I am so excited about this one. I decided to call this blogpost #BossLady. Although I am not a very good poser when it comes to photos, I wanted to try and share something different through these photos, a message! I chose a couple of key words that I wanted to include in this blogpost which are determination, motivation & women empowerment. 


Before I start this blogpost and share with you my outfit I wanted to share with you my favourite two influencing women that in my opinion are so motivating, inspiring and determined in everything that they do! In fact, I always find myself scrolling through their feed every morning and every night whether it's their Instagram or their Facebook. These two women do not need any introduction; Tamara Webb and Grazielle Camilleri .


What I love about Grazielle is that despite her busy schedule, despite the fact that she is a wife and a mummy with tonnes of errands and meetings everyday she still finds time for what really matters. One of the things I admire in her is that she gets up EVERY MORNING and works out even if it's just for a couple of minutes. She's in her early 40s and her abs are literally #goals. She makes time for her family and she always strives to be better in anything she does! Whenever I read one of her blogposts I always find myself filled with such determination and motivation to keep working hard towards my dreams and goals.





Tamara Webb is another woman I like to follow! Firstly, can we talk about her body? I mean, #goals (again!). She works so hard for anything fitness related and she honestly motivates me to get up from my bed and go for a run or go to the gym! What I like about Tamara is that she is not like any other regular influencers on Instagram or Facebook that shows you the 'positive side' of life only. She's realistic, she makes it clear that even she has her bad days; that even she has her imperfections & that's okay. Sometimes we get so caught up in trying to look up to someone that we forget that after all they're humans too and they're not perfect!

I decided to ask both of these lovely ladies some questions and share a bit more about them.




What is your motivation to get things done on your bad days and how do you keep yourself so motivated and determined to accomplish your goals whether they are work related or not?

Grazielle told me that she is an extremely positive person and despite having her challenging days just like everyone else, she likes to get things done even if it's tough. 


''In general I motivate myself because I feel that I have great purpose to wake up in the morning to do my work, I feel grateful for everything I have in my life and I also say to myself that if other inspiring women out there can do it on their bad days, so can I. I also feel as an influencer in social media that I have to set an example from the morning, by not making excuses for skipping exercise routines or to be lazy because I know that people are watching and they do get inspired when they see I’m already up at 7am doing my thing on Instagram and setting by example. Even that motivates me and it feels good in my heart! ''

Being a blogger herself, I really enjoy reading her blogposts. One which really made an impact in the way I look at things in my life was the one titled How to Keep Motivated. She also shares her steps on how to keep motivated and I love going back to it when I find myself lacking motivation.

Tamara believes that the best way to overcome a bad day is to simply accept it and find some time for yourself to reflect on everything happening around you. 

''Bad days come and go for EVERYONE. LIFE IS TOO SHORT not to get things done. I have dreams, I have goals, and I want to make those happen. Above all, as cheesy as it might sound, my biggest motivation are MY QUEENS. ALL my amazing followers who are motivated with my content. The more motivation I give them, the more I have for myself.''


Who motivates you and make you feel determined?

In this mini-interview I had with these lovely ladies, Grazielle shared that her two biggest inspirations and motivators are her husband and the talented and beautiful Jennifer Lopez. 

''Jennifer Lopez is a talented, driven woman who has achieved a multitude of accomplishments in her life and she is an inspiring woman who spreads beautiful love energy to the world through her work and by being herself. She has had very tough moments too and she has faced them with honour and pride. Women like her make me want to be the best version of myself and really push myself to do things I want to do, without listening to the negative naysayers in society who very often do not encourage you but discourage you.''

Another person who motivates Grazielle is her husband Marco. He gives her the freedom to evolve, to grow and respects her as a woman. He is her backbone and she is his. 


''I wish for all persons  out there to respect their partners and allow them to be themselves, to follow their dreams and not to discourage them. My husband motivates me and many others to keep dreaming and to enjoy the journey every single day. It is a blessing.''

Tamara also told me that her number one motivation would probably be her husband. 

''He is my best friend, biggest fan and the most hard working person I know. He pushes me DAILY and gives me the best advise whether it's what I want to hear or not.''


Why do you do what you do, in terms of work?

Apart from being a blogger, Grazielle has her own PR & Communications business. That is one of the things I love about her - she had a dream, she wanted this life for herself and her family - she worked hard for it and she is now very successful. Her hard work and determination are what really inspires me in everyday situations. She loves doing this because it gives her great satisfaction and to know that she is motivating or inspiring at least one person is enough for her!







Tamara told me that when she first started all of this she used to ask herself if sharing your life is really worth it. Although some people might disagree with her, she falls in love with the feeling she gets through her followers a little more each day. 

''Unconsciously, I found a way how to make my work, my daily routines and the way I think, a PURPOSE. We all pass through good and bad times in life - and if sharing my experiences in life helps at least one person daily, that's enough for me. We all come in this world ONCE. I FOUND MYSELF. I know myself. I am happy.  Being yourself is the only way. I want to spread this word as far as I can. THAT is my #purpose.''




These two women are in my opinion two individuals that share so much passion in what they do, motivation and determination and I look up to those qualities so much, so thank you ladies!

I felt that I needed a simple outfit to compliment this blogpost and interview. I chose one which makes me feel a #bosslady. It's also perfect for the office - for all those women who are determined to achieve their goals, this is for you!



I paired this striped black and white shirt with a simple pair of black fitted trousers. I chose to wear court heels for this look, but feel free to switch up to flats if you prefer that option!



Who is your biggest inspiration?! Let me know in the comments down below!

I hope you enjoyed this blogpost - I know it was a little different but I really wanted to use my platform to share this message with all of you!

Until next time!

Love,
Deborah X

Photography: MCMifsud Photography

Outfit Details:

Shirt - New Look
Trousers - Zara
Shoes - H&M

Huge thank you goes to Tamara & Grazielle for accepting to be part of this blogpost!

Find Grazielle & Tamara on Social Media:

Facebook: Blog by Grazielle & Tamara Webb
Instagram: Grazielle Camilleri & Tamara Webb



2 comments :

  1. Thank you so much for this beautiful shoutout and post. When someone I don't know personally writes something like this about my work and what comes across through my blog, it feels me with courage and happiness. I feel that what Im doing is reaching people and touching them in some way. Thank you for this. Im ever so grateful. Hopefully see you at Malta Fashion Week. Let s celebrate life and boss ladies together xxx Grazielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Grazielle - I really appreciate that you accepted to be part of this!

      Delete