Monday 18 December 2017

My 2017 Recap

2018 is finally here and I still cannot get over the fact that another year has come and gone! Nonetheless, that will not make time go by slower. I saw this 2017 recap blogpost on one of my favourite youtuber/blogger's blog Tara Michelle and I thought it would be a great idea to do one myself to look back on all the lovely memories I made in 2017 and be grateful for all that I experienced. 

Disclaimer: This is in no way a form of bragging for the 'amazing year' that I had because I believe that everyone has their ups and downs throughout the year but posts like these help us realize how blessed and lucky we all are (in different ways obviously!). Let's go through my 2017 together!


1 - Vienna and Bratislava - February




Every year, our faculty at university organizes a business trip and in 2017 we went to Vienna. They also organize a day trip to nearby city and the chosen city was Bratislava in Slovakia! I had been to Vienna twice before (both times were a one day trip, one in July and one in March) but I had never been to Bratislava. I got to go with some of my bestest friends and I also made so many new friends - some of which are now my closest friends!





2 - Started learning Contemporary - March

For those of you who know me, know that I LOVE dancing. It's seriously one of my passions and I love it so much. Apart from learning Hip Hop, this year I really wanted to try out Contemporary and I have been looking for so many classes and finally I had the opportunity! Although I am not perfect at it and I still have a long way to go, I'm still loving it so much and I am learning so much from it - not only techniques but so many other things such as how to address your emotions through a passionate form of dancing.


3 - Attending Malta Fashion Week 2017 as a blogger - May



This year I was lucky and blessed enough to be able to attend the Malta Fashion Week! Although I could only attend once due to having exams like five days after it was still such an amazing experience. I got to meet a lot of photographers, bloggers and designers and it was a learning experience too!

Photography by Neil Psaila




Dress from Chante
Blogposts related to Malta Fashion Week: Outfit of the Night, Day 5 Fashion Week Overview

4 - I turned 20! - May





Yep, teenage years are officially over haha! Although I seriously cannot accept the fact that I am now a 20 year old (I know I am over-reacting but I mean come on, I'm no longer a teen!), it's at times like these when I realize how truly blessed I am to be surrounded with such an amazing family and friends! I had celebrated my birthday twice; first by having a tea party and then later on after the exams I had a joined birthday party with my best friend Ilona!






5 - Wales and Coldplay Concert - July






2017 was truly the year of travel with four trips in a year. I'm hoping for an even better 2018 - I just love travelling so much! This trip was such a fun trip. I went to a Coldplay concert with my parents in Cardiff which was one of the best concerts I've ever been to plus I got to visit so many cities that I've never visited before (despite the fact that I visited U.K. multiple times) such as Llandudno, Cardiff, Bristol, Bath and Wells.





6 - Madrid and Maluma Concert - September





Madrid was another city that I visited for the first time and I visited this lovely city with one of my best friends - and thank god for her! She knows how to speak Spanish really well and if it wasn't for her I don't know how we could have communicated. We went to so many different places and we had a jam-packed four days full of fun activities. I had posted my Lookbook for this trip if you want to check it out here. Maluma concert was another amazing concert and he gave such an amazing show to all those that attended!






7 - Birmingham and James Arthur Concert - November






My latest trip was back in November with one of my oldest best friends. It was a super short trip from Friday to Sunday but we had such a blast! We happened to arrive on Black Friday so you can imagine the amount of makeup and clothes we bought from there! James Arthur concert was such an intimate concert and both of us are love his music so much. It was a simple show but such a beautiful one. We also visited the Cadbury Factory and ate so many chocolate!




There are so many other things I am grateful for during 2017 but otherwise this blogpost would end up being too long so I am going to stop here for the time being. Thank you to all those who were part of my 2017!

Love,
Deborah X

No comments :

Post a Comment