Sunday 24 December 2017

Vampy & Bold Makeup Look

Hi everyone! Today's post is a bit long overdue. This is because I had planned out a video to accompany this post and I actually filmed it and edited MULTIPLE times! But it crashed so many times that I decided not to post it as it was delaying the other posts. I'm really bummed because I worked really hard on it but I promise you I will try to upload another video soon!

Today I decided to create for you this vampy and bold makeup look. I will only be focusing on the eyeshadow but let me know down below whether you'd like me to do a full routine of makeup look!


For the eyeshadows I first started by applying a light matte shade all over my lid to act as a base. When I have a dark look like this one I usually start building it up slowly. What I did was I first started working with the brown shades and then slowly started incorporating some purple tones to it.


This time, I decided to list down the steps in point form so that it is easier for you to understand what I did since there were quite a lot of steps!

1. Started creating my crease by using the shade Salted Caramel and then going over the crease with Hazelnut from the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette.

2. Make sure to blend everything out after these two steps to ensure that you have a clean area to continue working on the eyeshadow with no fall outs.

3. Use Triple Fudge which is a dark brown shade in the outer V from the same palette to intensify the shadow. Blend everything really well!



4. Now that I have created a good base for the smokier colours, I am going to use the ColourPop palette in collaboration with iluvsarahaii called $aucey. I am using the shade Razy which is a matte plum colour and I'm going to lightly dip my brush into this shadow and use it for my outer V depending on how dramatic I want my eye look to be. Blend really well!

5. For the middle and inner area of the eyelid I am using the metallic shade Lit from this last palette and applying that from the middle to the inner area of my lid. You can use Fix Plus or a setting spray to dampen the brush and intensify the shade.

6. Using the shades Razy and Triple Fudge, I am going to use them for the lower lash line. 

For mascara I used the 3ina Lash Primer and the 3ina Ultra Volume Mascara. For lips I used the ColourPop Ultra Matte Liquid Lipstick in LAX. For full face details I have listed everything down on my Instagram which you can check out here.




I hope you enjoyed this makeup look and let me know whether you'd like to see more makeup looks and whether you'd like to see video tutorials alongside these blogposts.

Love,
Deborah X

Photography: MCMifsud Photography

No comments :

Post a Comment